Following are links to local/state/national dispute resolution organizations and suggested literature if you would like to learn more about mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
Organizations and Associations
- New York State Unified Court System
- New York State Dispute Resolution Association (NYSDRA)
- National Association for Community Mediation (NAFCM)
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Capital District CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- United Way of the Greater Capital Region
- NYS UCS Community Dispute Resolution Center Program Annual Report 2012-2013
- NYS UCS Community Dispute Resolution Center Program Statistical Overview Report 2012-2013
- NAFCM State of Community Mediation
Articles & Stories
- An Alternative To Suspension & Expulsion
- Julian Treasure: 5 Ways to Listen Better
- Restorative Justice: Resources for Schools
- Education That Makes a Difference: Success Stories for Conflict Resolution Educators
- Colorado High School Replaces Punishment With Talking Circles
- Ohio State Journal of Dispute Resolution
- Pepperdine Dispute Resolution Law Journal
- Conflict Resolution Quarterly
- The Journal of Dispute Resolution
- Baruck Bush, R.A. and Folger, J.P. (2005). The promise of Mediation: The transformative approach to conflict (2nd edition). San Francisco: Josey Bass.
- Fisher, R., Patton B.M., and Ury, W.L. (1991). Getting to yes: Negotiating agreement without giving in. New York : Penguin.
- Goodman, A.H. (2004). Basic skills for the new mediator (2nd edition). Rockville, MD: Solomon Publications.