Conflict Resolution Trainings and Workshops November 2013 – May 2014
Following is a retrospective snapshot of various conflict resolution trainings, sessions, and workshops Mediation Matters has facilitated with partners in the community.
- Facilitated a Peer Mediation Training at Albany High School, teaching them how to positively resolve conflict with their fellow students.
- Trained the staff and volunteers of Heroes At Home – a project dedicated to ensuring a healthy and successful reintegration of veterans and their families in Rensselaer County – in conflict resolution competencies and techniques.
- Held a workshop with a group of clients at the Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless’ Sheridan Hollow Drop-In Center.
- Worked with a group of residents with local housing authorities, to provide some perspective about how to approach conflict more constructively with fellow tenants.
- Held a series of conflict resolution workshops with students at Hackett Middle School.
- We invited approximately a dozen community members to participate in a pilot Community Collaborative Basic Mediation Training.
- Facilitated a Basic Mediation Training with the staff of Siena College’s Office of Academic Community Engagement.
- We also held several Restorative Justice Circles involving parents and students and local schools throughout the six counties we serve. For confidentiality reasons we can’t disclose the schools or the nature of the conflicts.