“Position Announcement: School Program Coordinator”
Note: Hiring for this position is contingent on a background check required by the school district and final contract stipulations, also by the school.
Mediation Matters/Tony Clement School Partnership: The Tony Clement Center for Education School Program Coordinator, under the supervision of the Mediation Matters Youth Team, will be responsible for helping to coordinate the Mediation Matters Conflict Resolution Program at the school and working with the restorative justice team within the school to further school wide implementation of restorative practices.
Mediation Matters, Inc. was founded in 1979 as a non-profit, community-based organization to provide the skills and processes that help people handle conflict in a constructive way. The Center specializes in providing mediation and conflict resolution skills, training and consulting serving Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Saratoga, Warren, and Washington counties. Offices are located in Albany, Saratoga Springs, and Schenectady.
Job Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Relationship building with school community
- Conduct outreach and facilitate workshops
- Coordinating conflict resolution cases/ entering cases into the database
- After Training, Mediate and Assist with Keeping Restorative Processes
- Facilitating Restorative Justice/ Conflict Resolution Trainings for school Community (students, families, and school staff)
- Support school community in their implementation of Restorative Justice
- Some potential travel throughout Mediation Matters’ six county service area
- May have to work from a virtual platform
- Work closely in collaboration with the community school site coordinator.
Requirements & Qualifications: Demonstrated experience working with youth, knowledge of trauma informed practices, training in conflict resolution skills (recommended), good written and oral communication skills, sense of humor, creativity and flexibility, computer literacy. Experience working with a diverse demographic of people.
Salary, Hours, and Location: This is a full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience; access to health benefits are included. The position will largely be based at Tony Clement Center for Education in Albany, NY. Candidates must have the ability to travel throughout Mediation Matters’ six county service area.
Application Process: To apply, please email a letter of interest outlining applicable skills, resume, and three references to the person listed below. Include in your subject line “Application-(last name)”. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until position is filled. The position will remain open until filled.
Please view the PDF file below for full description on the position.