Position Announcement: Program Coordinator
Mediation Matters is excited to announce that we are seeking a Program Coordinator. The details of this position can be found below or by clicking here.
The Mediation Matters Program Coordinator is responsible for conflict resolution and restorative justice programs throughout the communities we serve with an emphasis on youth and families. This position is funded in large part by a grant from the NYS Unified Court System.
Mediation Matters, Inc. was founded in 1979 as a non-profit, community-based organization to provide the skills and processes that help people handle conflict in a constructive way. The Center specializes in providing mediation and conflict resolution skills, training and consulting. Offices are located in Albany, Saratoga Springs, Schenectady, and Glens Falls, NY. This position, though providing services across our entire region, will focus efforts in Schenectady, Rensselaer, and Albany. Mediation Matters has a strong commitment to serving the diverse communities of the Capital district; applicants who feel they can help us further those goals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Relationship development with court/county personnel;
- Outreach in all areas (family services centers, courts, administrative offices, schools, community groups) but with a focus on youth and schools programs;
- Delivery of services in program areas;
- Education and Training sessions as part of staff team, including for youth and schools;
- Case management: intake, managing referrals, and working with the on-line database;
- Some administrative functions;
- Supporting co-workers to meet the needs of the volunteers;
- Supporting AmeriCorps members working within the Schenectady City School District;
- Collaborating with other coordinators within the Center.
Qualifications: Training in restorative practices and mediation, demonstrated experience working with youth, good written and oral communication skills, sense of humor, creativity and flexibility, computer literacy, Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
Salary, Hours, and Location: This is a full-time position (full-time for Mediation Matters is 37.5 hours per week which includes a paid lunch period). Salary is commensurate with experience; access to health benefits are included. The position will largely be based in Rensselaer & Schenectady Counties; all candidates must have the ability to travel throughout the counties we serve.
The position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please send VIA EMAIL a letter of interest outlining applicable skills and salary requirements, résumé, and three references to:
Sarah Rudgers-Tysz – Executive Director
10 N. Russell Road, 2nd Floor
Albany, NY 12206