Position Announcement: Administrative Coordinator
Mediation Matters is excited to announce that we are seeking an Administrative Coordinator. The details of this position can be found below or by clicking here.
The Mediation Matters Administrative Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the administrative tasks for Mediation Matters. This position is funded in large part by a grant from the NYS Unified Court System.
Mediation Matters, Inc. was founded in 1979 as a non-profit, community-based organization to provide the skills and processes that help people handle conflict in a constructive way. The Center specializes in providing mediation and conflict resolution skills, training and consulting. Offices are located in Albany, Saratoga Springs, Schenectady, and Glens Falls, NY. This position, though providing services across our entire region, will focus efforts in Schenectady, Rensselaer, and Albany. Mediation Matters has a strong commitment to serving the diverse communities of the Capital district; applicants who feel they can help us further those goals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Handles client and other calls;
- Completes database recordkeeping;
- Coordinates responses to scheduled trainings and meetings of volunteers;
- Helps to manage the office calendar;
- Sends announcements to mediators, volunteers, and others as assigned;
- Helps to prepare for and circulate information about meetings and other gatherings;
- Attends designated meetings, takes meeting minutes, and monitors post-meeting plan;
- Assists with special projects, such as Mediation Matters annual fundraising dinner, grant applications and reports, and annual budget development and financial audit;
- Support Mediation Matters staff, volunteers, and organizational partners by facilitating communication and connectivity;
- Maintains volunteers files, tracks credentialing requirements, and assists with volunteer professional development
Qualifications: Sense of humor; welcoming presence; knowledge of basic computer technology; strong organizational and time management abilities; ability to work with individuals from all socio-economic backgrounds; proven ability to exercise confidentiality; flexibility in schedule.
Salary, Hours, and Location: This is a full-time position (full-time for Mediation Matters is 37.5 hours per week which includes a paid lunch period). Salary is commensurate with experience; access to health benefits are included. All candidates must have the ability to travel throughout the counties we serve.
The position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please send VIA EMAIL a letter of interest outlining applicable skills and salary requirements, résumé, and three references to:
Jim FitzGerald – Director of Services
10 N. Russell Road, 2nd Floor
Albany, NY 12206